Smoking. What about you?

Thomas

I've been smoking for quite sometime now just to relieve from stress. It started when i was in high school and and i have been smoking since then. Although it as an addiction, i never tried to quit. Frankly i had ideas and resolutions made during smoking, i don't why but it seems to enhance my decision making during tough times. Or maybe its just an outlet for me to relax.

I have never tried smoking and I will never start smoking because it's really detrimental to the health of every individual, and I am all for prohibiting tobacco and similar products and smoking in public. It even affects the health of other people who aren't smokers and I know it's addictive and all but hopefully smokers are more responsible in smoking; if you really want to smoke, smoke in private or away from other people, and you can always try to quit the habit while it's not yet too late.

On 5/27/2012 at 2:33 PM, Thomas said:

Guys thoughts feelings and other things.

The question is: smoking.

For me smoking is one of the very addictive vice that once a person get into it, it will be harder or difficult to get out of it, but some may successfully win against this battle. But some are still on the process and some are did not even try to get out of it. Since I was raised in the nature of having strict parents that since you are young you should not take any vices such as alcohols and smoking and even to the point I reached the normal age I did not get into use of smoking. For me it is a good thing because we all know the possible results if you are smoking and the damage that can be done into your body. I also not used to be friends not limit my exposure to friends who are smoking for all we know that the second chain smoker may have reached the maximum effect that smoking can do compare to the smoker per se. It is because the inhaled all the bad chemicals which is not good in our body.

Regarding this, I salute all those people who already surpassed and already stop smoking and would like to congratulate them for doing the right thing and for those who are in the process of quitting it , just focus on your goal to stop it and find more ways to diver your attention instead of smoking. Regardless you are in just the beginning process half way there and for sure you will be successful too. And for those who decided not to stop smoking I cannot condemned you for I also heard some stories that there body got weaker even when they stop smoking even if the process is gradual stopping. I hope that even you are doing smoking , I advice to keep some detoxification procedures also or eating haleathy foods so that it will lessen per i think the effect of smoking in your body. 

Thank You! 

I used to smoke when in college and only when drunk. Thank God I dumped that habit. It's absolutely not a good one. I have an auntie who smokes and she is in her fifties. She looks absolutely horrendous. She stinks, because the smoke is now in her blood stream. Her feet look like  they were blown up. By a grenade. She has huge black wounds. all around both feet.Yes caused by smoking for all you smokers. I don't think things will end well for her.

I never really got into it. I was a second-hand smoker most of my life though, surrounded by people who smoked. It never appealed to me. I don't hate on people who do, but it is something I would never do.

When I was in first year college, my friends used the "peer pressure" and lets me try this thing called cigarette. I just tried one stick and not again.. Ever! I hate the smell it puts in your hands and the smoke that it creates. I hate everything about it. The taste stays in your mouth if you dont have a candy and ugh it just sucks. But I've tried e-cigarrete which is the "vape" here in the PH and I like it more than the cigar. Less nicotine and smells good. 

I don't smoke or more appropriately I can't. I have weak lungs and so it's harmful for me to inhale cigarette smoke. I actually tried smoking using a rolled piece of paper and a lighter when I was still in Elementary, however after just one try I choked and had a severe cough that I couldn't breathe for some seconds. Luckily my cousin helped me to breathe easily by giving me a glass of water. After that I've never entertained the idea of smoking because it's very harmful for my lungs. I also read that smoking has a lot of negative long term effects on our body that might cause early death so I don't really like the idea of smoking anymore.

My Father died because of tuberculosis, he acquired it thru excessive smoking. That's why I promise to myself that I will never try to smoke as it might also kill me if I did. I'm also an advocate of Smoking Ban on public places, as second hand smoking can damage more compared to first hand smoking.

I smoke a pack of Philip Morris a day.  And I've been a smoker for the past 20 years.  I'm an insomniac and a workaholic.  I even competed in History Channels "Historicon" Guinness Book of World Records Attempt in Longest TV Marathon and even became a finalist logged in 100 hours lol.:D Im a building contractor by profession and the stress sometimes is to much to handle.  As a result I suffered a stroke last year, an aneurism in the right hemisphere of my brain.  Well, i survived and I'm still recuperating. 

I think stress is our worst enemy and smoking is its ally.

On 5/28/2012 at 9:49 PM, bryce12 said:

I tried smoking in the college but gave it soon afterwards. I quickly found out that it's a deadly addiction where you would be dependent on your cigarette for each and every thing. I was lucky in that sense, many of my friends started smoking in college and are still addicted to cigarettes.

You're lucky for not become addicted to cigarettes.  Actually it's hard for me now to stop this.  Although I'm using vape just to minimize this vice but I think it didn't work.  That's why I admire the people who know's how to stop. and how they stop this. 

As a teenager I'm still prohibited to use cigarettes and I guess I will never use it even if I'm already old. I know the harmful effects of smoking cigarettes and I'm not that strong enough to face those consequences. I also know that irresponsible smokers are causing illnesses to those who just inhale the smoke. However, I don't hate smokers. They may be irresponsible for us, but they don't actually know what to do with their addiction. My father was actually a smoker before he married my mother and he told me that it was very hard to quit because the saliva and his brain kept telling him to smoke. Luckily, his addiction stopped.

To those people with a smoking addiction and doesn't know how to stop it, my father told me that enable for him to stop he kept convincing himself and tried other alternatives like mint candies and stuff just to stop the saliva from wanting to smoke. It's actually the mouth that calls for it as well as the brain, but if you keep on feeding it with other things, your tongue will get used to it. You also have to be very strong because when you start, you'll begin a battle against your own brain. You have to think of the pros and cons and you must also have a solid inspiration and think of that inspiration whenever you feel like wanting to smoke (my father actually kept on thinking about my mom and our family :) ). I hope this could help others and even if it won't, I still hope that struggling smokers would find other alternatives to successfully stop their addiction with smoking. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still wondering how some people become successful on quitting the smoking habit.  What things to do to get motivated and quit this.  Maybe they don't have lungs anymore  :) and they are in survival mode right now and their life depends on the machine. :) 

• 7 months later...

I honestly don't smoke because I know that smoking is not good to our heath and it can lead us to some serious problems later on if we will  just expose our selves from the chemicals coming from these cigarettes. It is better to stay away with it as much as possible so that we will have any problems later on.

I smoke before, and I now understand that I just smoke before because of peer pressure, so that I will be able to have their respect and so that I will be part of a group a certain circle of friends. Now, I cut all that bullshit and stop smoking cigars and/or marijuana, now I just drink beer occasionally. 

Edited by davedaot04

I never smoked and don't ever have a plan to try. I hate to be near with people who smoke because i can easily get a cough by inhaling the smoke they produce. My father smoke also but not addicticted like before he already controlling his self in terms of smoking because of the baby in our house. He need to go somewhere just to smoke for the baby not to expose to the smoke.

I admire those people who have already quit on smoking as it is really an accomplishment for themselves since we all know that it is very hard to stay away from smoking of cigarettes as it is very addictive. It is really a good option to quit smoking as it can save our lives and prevent the further complications that we might acquire in our health as we grow older.

The federal ministry of health always gives the warning that smokers are liable to die young. So, why would I purposely want to be the that kills myself by smoking? 

Seriously, it's not a good decision for me to smoke, so I'm totally not in support of it and wouldn't smoke for any reason whatsoever. 

I don't smoke. I find it unhealthy and bad for our health. I hate people smoking anywhere and everywhere they like especially on public utility vehicles. I feel suffocated and uneasy  whenever i smell smoke from cigarettes. I felt my breath is lose. I wish people will stop the act of smoking because it's not good for the health. I know other people are relieved from stress every time they smoke but it's not always a good habit.

Smoking, What about you?:  I never ever try to smoke, and don't have a plan to. My father used to smoke cigarrete maybe he already addicted on it, he tried to stop using it before but he feel weak and get some sick so he used it again but not that much like before, he's trying to stop it slowly.

I don’t smoke. but because it’s basically depicted as being cool as hell. You can literally accentuate how cool a character is in literally any movie or other media by having them with a cigarette in hand, it’s weird. Not really worth having it do all kinds of bad things to your lungs and generally reduce your lifespan massively

Yeah, i know smoking is bad for health, it isndeadly actually. I started at 18 then had a few stops because of my pregnancy. But then afterwards I will just go back to the addiction. I really wanted to quit but the craving is what kills me everytime. But now I am proud to say that I am able to limit myself to 5 sticks a day. I am really looking forward to the day when I will not crave for a stick after I each meal. 

• 3 weeks later...

Never tried to smoke, and never will. Nothing is worth your health. I guess most of the people begin to smoke because they think it is cool or something like that. I personally, don't think that is cool. For me, having a healthy life is much cooler. I also don't like to be near the people who smoke, because It is not good for health too. Everyone makes their choice, and my choice is healthy life. 

I don’t smoke. but because it’s basically depicted as being cool as hell. You can literally accentuate how cool a character is in literally any movie or other media by having them with a cigarette in hand, it’s weird. Not really worth having it do all kinds of bad things to your lungs and generally reduce your lifespan massively

On 12/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, junrose123 said:

I admire those people who have already quit on smoking as it is really an accomplishment for themselves since we all know that it is very hard to stay away from smoking of cigarettes as it is very addictive. It is really a good option to quit smoking as it can save our lives and prevent the further complications that we might acquire in our health as we grow older.

Yes, I agree with you. People who have quit from smoking deserves respect and appreciation. They have learned to value and love their selves.  It maybe difficult to stop the vices but self discipline is a must. I hope that young and old should refrain from smoking to save money and health. There is nothing important in this world than our health.